Friday, May 22, 2009

Late at Night

Above is the original. It's a great picture. I liked it to begin with. But, I think I like it better as a vintage picture. This location just screams for vintage, doesn't it?



I think this faded black and white might very well be my favorite. I love black and white to begin with...and add my new vintage craze on top of that, and this one's a winner!

Alright, I can barely keep my eyes open, and here I still sit, addicted to learning everything I can get my hands on about photoshop. I finally figured out layering masks (which is no small miracle in and of itself) and it has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. Possibilities that are begging me to try them out RIGHT NOW.

My latest craze is making "vintage" photos. Tonight I've practiced for a few hours, used a few actions from Pioneer Woman (another in a long line of photographic heroes of mine). One of my favorite photos from James' senior session has undergone a makeover...several times over. If I had a little less self control, I'd stay up another hour and play with another photo...just to see what happens. But, a hot bath and a tall glass of ice water are calling my name. Ha! And you actually thought I was going to bed!

No comments: