Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jo










Jo really should have been born about 100 years ago. She's got this amazing vintage style, natural beauty and would have really rocked a hoop dress. I told her that men would have been falling all over her! As it is, I'm sure men are falling all over her anyway. This woman is AMAZING! She's a black belt at martial arts, a mom, a devoted wife, gives voice lessons...and now added to the list...she's beginning a musical career recording music for composers....and I'm sure I haven't even TOUCHED on half of what she can achieve. She has some great ideas for her portfolio. We took a couple of head shots...but spent the majority of our time playing with her fun vintage hat for her portfolio cover. We were going for an old fashioned movie star look. (I think she could have been an old fashioned movie star. Like I said, she should have been born about 100 years ago). I couldn't get over her EYES! Love, love, love her blue/green (I think that's called hazel???) eyes. Just amazing...and the netting of her hat really brought the focus right to them. (And, of course, I considered stealing her nice little vintage hat...but then I thought it might ruin our friendship.) :) Thanks, Jo for the photo shoot today! You're gorgeous!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Those pictures are just stunning! I love the lighting. She really is beautiful.

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Jo is gorgeous and your pictures captured her perfectly. I agree about the eyes... breath taking! I really want to learn how to use my camera now.

teri hales said...

Anytime, Miranda. We'll get together again sometime...maybe after yours (and my) darling hubby gets back...and we'll have a photo day...and learn all about your camera. Thanks for the compliments!