Tuesday, June 23, 2009

10 Minutes to Practice


One of the wonderful things about being here in the United States again for a few weeks is that I was finally able to get my new camera...a Canon 5d! (And OH was it worth the purchase!) I have been anxious to use it ever since I got here last week. But jet lag, catching up with Kevin and old friends, church and a host of other things have kept me away from giving the 5d a whirl. Last night Kevin and I decided that today was the day. Tomorrow I have a senior photo shoot and I needed to practice and see if using the 5d was going to work or if I needed to use my old XT that I'm used to shooting with (even though the pictures from today's shoot turned out beautifully, I think I'll still probably use both, just to be sure). We decided we'd do it after dinner.
When we went into Buffalo Wild Wings, the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous day. When we came out, rain was blowing side-ways!!! and the trees were blowing all over the place. When we were almost to the hotel, the sun came back out. I found a building with this cool-looking blue sign and we pulled over for the quickest photo shoot of my life. 10 whole minutes of photography later, we were back in the car and on our way to a friend's house for some board game fun. Here are a couple that I liked from today's practice. I'm hoping they look alright here online. The pictures I've posted from my desktop at home look a little different on this laptop here in the hotel.

No comments: