Saturday, July 25, 2009

Norwich Stake Youth Pioneer Trek








The youth in our stake just had the AWESOME opportunity to re-enact the Mormon pioneer trek across the United States in the 1800s. They dressed in period clothing and pushed/pulled handcarts with their belongings for over 20 miles (in two days). They slept outdoors with nothing to protect them from the English rainy weather but a small tarp. They had just enough food to sustain life (which was SO much like the real pioneers). They learned about men and women that completed the pioneer trek in the 1800's, their struggles, their triumphs, and the way God touched their lives through the journey. I had the privilege to hike with them for 3 miles of the journey...and journal their progress across the British fens. These are just a few of my favorites that I wanted to post before I leave on Sunday. More, I'm sure will follow when I return.

No comments: